This vegan orange taginewith peaches is a homey dish, full of sweet and earthy flavours like yams, pumpkin, chickpeas, harissa, raisins and peaches. Make your home smell like a trip to Marrakesh with this authentic Moroccan dish!
– 3 TBs olive oil or a pat of coconut oil
– 1 large onion or 2 small ones
– 2 garlic cloves finely chopped
– 1- inch piece of ginger finely grated
– 1 15- oz can chickpeas
– ½ cup golden raisins
– 1 teaspoon harissa
– 500 g pumpkin
– 2 yams cut into ¾-inch pieces
– 2 potatoes cut into ¾-inch pieces
– ½ lb 250g carrots, cut into rounds
– 1 15- oz can California cling peaches quartered
– 2 cups water or vegetable broth
Preheat oven to 350F. In a heavy-bottomed pan or a dutch oven, sauté onion in oil until it turns translucent, about 10 minutes. Add garlic and ginger and sauté for an additional 3 minutes, until they are beginning to colour.