Looking for Rosh Hashana Recipes and Inspiration?Here are a few of my favourites:
- The best vegetarian Rosh Hashanah recipes
- Rosh Hashana menu, and my thoughts for the Jewish New Year
- How to decorate an intimate holiday table for a memorable experience
- Any of the 11 recipes in my Middle Eastern Small Plates E-book
- Almond apple cake with apple roses
- Enchanted rice with grapes, feta and pistachios, or the taste of teenage love
- Black eyed peas masabacha with tahini, tomatoes, garlic and hot peppers
- Roasted beet, apple and goat cheese salad with walnuts
- Turning encounters with strangers into a beautiful meditation on human connections.
- While The Internet is going crazy over pumpkin spice lattes, I'll be making my own pumpkin spice syrup, thank you very much.
- Reading [amazon text=this&asin=067697936X] and [amazon text=this&asin=B00AW0DM8K].
- Just finished obsessively watching this. Any other dance show recommendations?
- Cooking from [amazon text=this&asin=B005CRY2O6]. I have to say, I think I prefer [amazon text=Jerusalem&asin=B00A1OI3Y0] - the recipes were less involved and, forgive my blasphemy, less contrived at times.
- Hemp seeds on pizza? Why not!
- Inspired by The Denizen Co.
- So, this blogger surveyed some friends and found that fridge pickles are actually superior to hot water bath canning. Who'da thunk?
- Are we over-glorifying the home-cooked meal?
- Ways to make your office lunch a bit more inspiring. Would you ever cook an egg in an office kettle?
Roasted beet, apple and goat cheese salad with walnuts
- 1 head of boston lettuce
- 3 roasted beets
- 1 small red onion or ½ of a medium one - you don't want the onion flavour to dominate
- 1 apple
- ¼ cup soft goat cheese torn into pieces
- ¼ cup walnuts toasted
- 3 TBs olive oil or more, to taste
- Juice of ½ a lemon to taste
- Slice lettuce into strands. Core apples and cut beets in half, and then slice them into thin crescents. Slice onion into thin slices. Chop walnuts into pieces.
- Heat a pan to low-medium heat. Add walnut pieces to pan and toast for about five minutes, 2.5 minutes on each side. Remove from pan.
- Arrange lettuce on a large serving platter. Arrange beets, apple slices and onion slices on top. Tearing goat cheese into small chunks, and sprinkle evenly on the veggies. Sprinkle toasted walnuts on top.
- Drizzle olive oil and lemon juice on top. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Serve to table as is, and let each person mix the salad once they've served it (it's too pretty to mix ahead!)