Baked salmon with cream sauce and potatoes is an easy sheet pan meal that comes together in 30 minutes, with a delicious creamy garlic sauce.
I love cooking salmon, and one of my favorite ways to prepare it is by making creamy baked salmon. This dish is perfect for a special occasion or a weeknight dinner that comes together in about 30 minutes. It's rich, flavorful, and easy to make, which makes it a great option for busy weeknights.
There are many ways to make creamy salmon, and each recipe has its own unique twist. Some people prefer to bake their salmon, while others like to roast it. My mother's recipe for creamy salmon is a family secret that has been passed down for generations. It's a baked salmon dish that's made with a creamy sauce and roast potatoes. It's a crowd-pleaser that's always a hit at family gatherings.
We make this dish for Rosh Hashana and Thanksgiving meal every year. But there's no reason this creamy garlic salmon shouldn't be a part of your weeknight routine! Whether you're a seasoned cook or a beginner, creamy salmon is a dish that's sure to impress. It's versatile, easy to make, and can be customized to suit your taste preferences. So why not give it a try and see for yourself how delicious it can be?
How to Roast Salmon so It Remains Juicy
I have tried many methods to roast salmon, but I have found that the best way to achieve tender salmon that is also moist and juicy is to follow my mother's secret recipe for baked salmon. These are the steps I follow to ensure that my salmon comes out perfectly every time.
First, preheat the oven to a high temperature, around 400°F (200°C). Next, place the salmon fillets with the skin on on a baking sheet and drizzle them with half the cream or sauce you're using (cream produces the juiciest salmon). Cover them with tin foil, creating a sealed packet. This will help trap the moisture inside.
If you're just cooking salmon without potatoes, place the baking sheet in the oven and cook the salmon on high for about 8-10 minutes. After that, lower the oven temperature to around 350°F (175°C), add more cream, and continue cooking for another 5-7 minutes, or until the salmon is cooked through and flakes easily with a fork.
During the cooking process, in order to add even more juiciness and flavor, periodically baste the fish with cream. This will help keep the salmon moist and tender. The result will be deliciously roasted salmon that remains succulent and juicy.
Why You're Going to Love This Creamy Salmon Recipe
I am confident that you will love this creamy salmon recipe because it is not only delicious but also easy to make. This recipe is perfect for those who want to enjoy a restaurant-quality meal at home without spending too much time in the kitchen.
- The creamy garlic sauce is the star of this recipe. It is made with a combination of heavy cream, garlic, and parmesan cheese, which gives it a rich and savory flavor. The sauce is poured over the pan-seared salmon, which is cooked to perfection. The result is a dish that is both creamy and flavorful.
- Another reason why you will love this recipe is that it can be prepared in just 30 minutes. This makes it an ideal meal for busy weeknights when you want something quick and easy to prepare.
- In addition, this recipe is also versatile. You can serve it with a variety of sides such as roasted vegetables, rice, or pasta. It is also a great dish to serve for dinner parties or special occasions because it looks impressive and tastes amazing.
Overall, this creamy salmon recipe is a must-try for anyone who loves seafood and wants to enjoy a delicious and easy-to-make meal.
As someone who loves cooking and experimenting with different flavors, I have found that salmon is one of the most versatile and tasty fish out there. When it comes to making a creamy salmon dish, the ingredients you choose can make all the difference. Here are some of my favorite ingredients to use when making a creamy salmon dish:
Skin-on Salmon Fillets - The star of the show, of course, is the salmon. I prefer to use fresh salmon fillets, but frozen fillets work just as well. Make sure to keep the skin on before cooking to avoid drying the fish.
Potatoes - Potatoes add a delicious texture to the dish. You can use any type of potatoes such as red, white, or Yukon gold, or even sweet potatoes.
Cream - To make the dish creamy, heavy cream is a must. You can also use half-and-half or vegan cream if making this dish dairy-free.
Olive oil - Olive oil is used to drizzle over the fish and potatoes to keep them moist.
Rosemary - Rosemary adds a fragrant and earthy flavor to the dish. You can use dried or fresh rosemary.
Himalayan sea salt - Himalayan sea salt adds a subtle sweetness and a unique flavor to the dish. You can use any type of chunky or flaky sea salt as a substitute.
Paprika - Paprika adds a smoky and sweet flavor to the dish. You can use any type of paprika such as sweet, smoked, or hot.
Garlic - Garlic adds a pungent and savory flavor to the dish. You can use garlic powder, or more or less garlic depending on your preference.
Freshly ground black pepper - Black pepper adds a mild heat and a subtle flavor to the dish. You can use any type of pepper such as white or red pepper.
I absolutely love creamy salmon. It's a dish that is easy to make and always impresses my guests. Here are the simple steps to make it:
Arrange the Salmon and Potatoes
To make Creamy Baked Salmon, preheat your oven to 400 F and line a baking tray with baking paper. Wash and dry the salmon fillet, place it on the baking sheet with the skin-side down. Cut large, washed potatoes into segments, and arrange them around the fish.
Season the Dish
Pour olive oil on the fish and potatoes. Season the potatoes with paprika, salt, and half the garlic. Pour half the cream on the fish to cover it with a thin layer. Season salmon with rosemary and finely chopped garlic - this will give you a delicious garlic cream sauce that's better than anything you can cook in a pan! Season everything with Himalayan sea salt and pepper.
Bake the Dish
Cover the dish with tin foil. Bake for 20 minutes, adding more cream to the fish after 10 minutes, until the potatoes can be mostly pierced with a fork and the fish is mostly cooked. Remove the tin foil, pour the remainder of the cream on the fish, and cook for another 10 minutes.
Serve the Dish
Take out of the oven and enjoy! This sheet pan creamy baked salmon dinner is a delicious and easy dish that is perfect for any occasion. Serve hot and enjoy with your favorite sides. And that's it! Creamy salmon is a delicious and impressive dish that is perfect for any occasion.
When it comes to storing this creamy garlic salmon for later use, there are a few things to keep in mind to ensure it stays fresh and delicious. Here are some tips for storing creamy salmon properly:
- Refrigerate promptly: If you have leftover creamy salmon, make sure to refrigerate it promptly to keep it fresh. Ideally, you should refrigerate it within 2 hours of cooking. If the ambient temperature is above 90°F, then you should refrigerate it within 1 hour.
- Use an airtight container: To keep the creamy salmon from drying out or absorbing unwanted odors from the refrigerator, store it in an airtight container. You can use a plastic container with a tight-fitting lid or a glass container with a snap-on lid.
- Label and date the container: To avoid confusion and ensure you use the creamy salmon before it goes bad, label the container with the date you cooked it and the contents.
- Store in the fridge for up to 3 days: Creamy salmon can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. After that, it's best to discard it.
- Do not freeze: Creamy salmon is not suitable for freezing. The texture and flavor of the sauce will be compromised when it thaws.
By following these simple tips, you can ensure that your creamy salmon stays fresh and delicious for as long as possible.
There are many ways to customize a creamy salmon recipe. Here are a few ideas to inspire you:
- Herbs and Spices: Experiment with different herbs and spices to add unique flavors to your dish. Some popular options include dill, thyme, rosemary, and paprika. Be sure to adjust the amounts to your taste preferences.
- Cheese: While parmesan is a popular choice for creamy salmon recipes, you can also try using other types of cheese. Gruyere, feta, and goat cheese are all great options.
- Vegetables: Roasted or sautéed vegetables can add color and nutrition to your dish. Some great options include asparagus, zucchini, bell peppers, and cherry tomatoes.
- Pasta: Creamy salmon pairs well with pasta. Try serving this dish with linguine, fettuccine, or penne. You can also experiment with different sauces, such as alfredo or pesto.
- Rice: If you prefer rice over pasta, try serving your creamy salmon with jasmine, basmati, or wild rice. You can also add vegetables or herbs to the rice for extra flavor.
- Salad: A simple green salad can be a refreshing side dish for creamy salmon. Try using arugula, spinach, or mixed greens. You can also add cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, or avocado for extra flavor and nutrition.
By experimenting with different ingredients and flavors, you can create a creamy salmon recipe that is unique and delicious. Don't be afraid to try new things and make adjustments to suit your taste preferences.
When it comes to serving creamy salmon, there are a variety of accompanying dishes that can complement and enhance the flavors of this delicious fish. Here are a few of my favorite side dishes to serve with creamy salmon:
Roasting vegetables is an easy and flavorful way to add some color and nutrition to your meal. Try roasting some asparagus, broccoli, or carrots alongside your salmon for a healthy and delicious side dish.
Rice pilaf is a classic side dish that pairs perfectly with creamy salmon. The nutty flavor of the rice and the subtle spices in the dish can help to balance out the richness of the salmon.
Garlic Mashed Potatoes
Garlic mashed potatoes are a comforting and flavorful side dish that can be a great addition to any creamy salmon meal. The creamy texture of the potatoes can help to balance out the richness of the salmon, while the garlic adds a delicious savory flavor.
Mixed Greens Salad
A simple mixed greens salad can be a refreshing and healthy side dish to serve with creamy salmon. Try tossing some arugula, spinach, or kale with a light vinaigrette dressing for a fresh and flavorful accompaniment to your meal.
Grilled vegetables are a great option for those looking for a lighter side dish to serve with creamy salmon. Try grilling some zucchini, eggplant, or bell peppers for a delicious and healthy complement to your meal.
Overall, there are many different dishes that can be served alongside creamy salmon to create a well-rounded and satisfying meal. Experiment with different flavors and textures to find the perfect combination that works for you.
When to Serve
Creamy salmon is a versatile dish that can be served on various occasions. It is a perfect dish for a family dinner or a special occasion. Here are some occasions when you can serve creamy salmon:
Creamy salmon is an excellent dish to serve for a family dinner. It is easy to make, and everyone will love it. You can serve it with some roasted vegetables or a side salad. It is a healthy and delicious meal that your family will enjoy.
Rosh Hashanah is the Jewish New Year, and it is a time for celebration. Creamy salmon is a perfect dish to serve during this occasion. It is a symbol of a sweet and prosperous new year. You can serve it with some honey glazed carrots and roasted potatoes.
Thanksgiving is a time to give thanks for all the blessings in life. Creamy salmon is an excellent dish to serve during this occasion. It is a healthy alternative to the traditional turkey, and it is easy to make. You can serve it with some mashed sweet potatoes and green beans.
In conclusion, creamy salmon is a versatile dish that can be served on various occasions. It is a healthy and delicious meal that everyone will love. Whether it's a family dinner or a special occasion, creamy salmon is a perfect dish to serve.
Tried and loved this recipe? Please leave a 5-star review below! Your reviews mean a lot to me, so if you've got any questions, please let me know in a comment.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you're looking to add some creaminess to your salmon dish, there are plenty of easy cream sauce recipes to choose from. One classic recipe is a lemon butter cream sauce, which combines butter, heavy cream, lemon juice, and garlic for a tangy and rich flavor. Another option is a dill cream sauce, which pairs well with salmon's mild flavor and adds a fresh, herbaceous note. To make this sauce, simply combine sour cream, mayonnaise, fresh dill, and lemon juice in a bowl. You can also try a simple Alfredo sauce, made with butter, garlic, heavy cream, and Parmesan cheese, for a decadent and creamy topping.
Baked salmon is a healthy and flavorful way to enjoy this fish, and adding a cream sauce can take it to the next level. One easy recipe is baked salmon with creamy garlic sauce, which combines garlic, heavy cream, and Parmesan cheese for a rich and savory topping. Another option is to top your salmon with a lemon cream sauce, made with butter, lemon juice, and heavy cream, for a tangy and bright flavor. For a more indulgent dish, try baked salmon with lobster cream sauce, which combines lobster meat, cream, and white wine for a luxurious and decadent sauce.
If you want to freeze a salmon recipe, there are a few steps you can take to ensure it stays fresh and delicious. First, choose fresh salmon that hasn't been previously frozen. Season it with your desired herbs and spices, but avoid adding any sauces or marinades that have high water content, as they may become watery when thawed. Next, wrap the salmon tightly in plastic wrap, making sure there are no air pockets. Then, place it in a freezer-safe bag or container and label it with the date. When you're ready to cook the frozen salmon, thaw it overnight in the refrigerator. Avoid thawing it at room temperature as it can promote bacterial growth. Once thawed, you can then proceed with your original cooking instructions. Freezing salmon can be a convenient way to have a quick and healthy meal on hand, but make sure to consume it within two to three months for the best quality.
For more fish recipes:
Creamy Baked Salmon Recipe
- 2 lb 1 kg fresh salmon fillet, skin-on
- 2 lb 1 kg potatoes, washed but unpeeled
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup cooking cream heavy whipping cream or vegan cream
- Rosemary to taste
- 1 teaspoon salt or more to taste
- Himalayan sea salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 F and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Wash and dry the salmon fillet, place it on the baking sheet with the skin-side down.
- Cut large, washed potatoes into segments, and arrange them around the fish.
- Pour olive oil on the fish and potatoes.
- Season the potatoes with paprika, salt, and half the garlic.
- Pour half the cream on the fish to cover it with a thin layer. Season the salmon with rosemary and remaining finely chopped garlic.
- Season everything with salt and pepper.
- Cover the dish with tin foil. Bake for 20 minutes, adding more cream to the fish after 10 minutes, until the potatoes can be mostly pierced with a fork and the fish is mostly cooked. Then, lower the heat to 375 F. Remove the tin foil, pour the remainder of the cream on the fish, and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Take out of the oven and enjoy!